Sunday, April 23, 2017

Same voice different place

Its a three way conversation in my head but I don't know who to listen to first


and I feel selfish for turning them off and on

                                                
But sometimes the rattling of these old bones gets annoying 
and ever since those cobwebs took up residency it gets pretty lonely


So I pick at the stitching on my sheets till the thread comes loose 
and I try to comfort myself in it but it's just string
wrapped around my finger like any other night


as strangers headlights bounce off the walls
painting shadows till they blend in
and I get tired of it


So I'll listen to the noise in my head for one more night 
and hope they come to an agreement 
       



2 comments:

  1. Something else I needed to read right now, thank you <3

    - Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!

    http://enchantedclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete